- Pork bellyPepper and coriander pasteRice noodlesOnionsCapsicum TomatoesCoconut creamSpring onionsShallots Eggs
- Make a paste of black pepper, lemon zest and juice, garlic, coriander (including roots) salt and fish sauce. Per Charmaine Solomon.
- Take a piece of belly pork, smear paste liberally on meat component, salt rind and refrigerate for a couple of days. Then roast under high heat until meat is mostly cooked and rind is crispy.
- Prepare all vegetables for stir frying, remove crispy rind from pork and set aside, cut meat into eatable pieces.
- In a wok tip in coconut milk and simmer until it separates then add pepper and coriander paste, stir fry until very fragrant, then add all vegetable. Stir fry quickly then add pork meat.
- Cook rice noodles, set aside. Finely slice spring onions and shallots. Finely break up crispy pork rind.
- Separate rice noodle into two, place spring onions, shallots and crispy pork rind on one half then place the other half to form a bundle.
- In a wok heat up peanut oil until hot then place rice bundle into the oil and pore over 1/2 egg mixture, fry until golden and crispy, then flip the bundle over add the other egg and fry until golden. The outside should be crispy whilst the inside should still be soft, but with the crunch of the pork etc.
- Place the stir fry into a bowl and add the crispy noodles on top, serve and enjoy.There is an interesting combination of the very flavoursome stir fry with the unusual crispy noodles. This is a family favourite!
Brands and product used
- Squid Brand - Fish Sauce
- TCC - Coconut Cream