- 250g Pork mince
- 2 tbs Oyster Sauce
- 4cm Ginger piece grated
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1 cup finely chopped bok choy (without stalks)
- 3 spring onions thinly sliced
- 30 Wonton wrappers
- 3 tsp Yeo's sesame oil
- 200ml chicken stock
- 2 tbs rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 5cm piece of ginger cut into thin toothpick size
- 1 tsp honey
- pinch of dried chili flakes
- For the filling mix together mince, bok choy, oyster sauce, 2 of the spring onions finely sliced, garlic and ginger. Use your hands to mix thoroughly.
- Put wonton wrappers on clean surface. Place 1 tsp of filling in the centre of the wontons. Brush the edges with a bit of water. Take the corners of the wonton wrapper to the centre to encase the filling. Pinch the centre to seal them.
- Heat 1 tsp sesame oil in a frying pan over high heat until it starts smoking. Remove pan from the heat and place half the wontons in the pan. Fry over medium heat for 2 mins until the bottom of the wonton is golden
- Pour over 100 ml of stock, cover and steam for 2-3 minutes
- Remove from pan and set aside. Do the same for the next half batch of wontons starting with frying 1 tsp of sesame oil and repeat the process.
- Combine soy sauce, 1 spring onion thinly sliced, sliced ginger, rice wine vinegar, chili, honey and 1 tsp sesame oil in a small bowl and serve as a dipping sauce with wontons
Brands and product used
- Yeo's - Pure Sesame Oil