- 8 Portobello Mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 bunch spring onions
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 cup pre-cooked short grain rice
- 1 tsp shichimi togarashi or curry powder (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Slice the stems of each mushroom before chopping them into small bite sized pieces for the topping. Once heated, place mushrooms in the oven to cook for 15 mins until browned.
- Grate the carrots and finely chop spring onions and garlic. Microwave the pre-cooked rice in a bowl and stir in spring onions and garlic.
- Combine tomato sauce and soy in a small bowl and season with shichimi togarashi or curry powder if desired. Add sauce to rice slaw mixture.
- Once mushrooms are cooked, set aside to cool for 5 mins. Gently add spoonfuls of the rice slaw on top of one mushroom, before enclosing it with another to form a burger. Continue with the remaining mushrooms until all the rice is used. (Serves 4)
Product used in recipe
- Obento - Japanese Soy Sauce