- Steak cut
- Rice and rice seasoning
- Sauce: Shoyu 80 ml, Mirin 40 ml, sake 40 ml, rice wine vinegar 1 tbsp, sesame oil 2 tbsp, chili oil 1 tbsp, brown sugar 1 tbsp, 3 cloves of garlic - grated, half onion grated, half of green apple - grated, 1 tbsp of grated fresh ginger and sesame seed
- Asparagus 2-3 stalks
- Thin slices of garlic and ginger
- Oil, knob of butter, salt and pepper
- Combine all the sauce wet ingredients in the saucepan and put on medium heat until alcohol from sake evaporated out. Then put sesame seeds in and leave to cool down.
- Fry garlic and ginger slices until golden and crisp. Remove from the heat and onto the kitchen paper to dry.
- Season the meat on all sides. Then put oil in over hot steak pan. Put the steak in and sear all side until golden brown but still juicy and soft. On the other side of the pan heat a knob of butter and in with asparagus and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Take the asparagus and steak out. Leave the steak to rest, meanwhile arrange the bowl put the seasoned rice in and arrange the asparagus on the side. Slice the rested meat and arrange them on top of the rice.
- Pour the sauce over the meat and rice. Topped with crispy garlic and ginger; then sprinkle with Japanese chili powder and wasabi mayo.
Brands and product used
- Obento - Rice Wine Vinegar
- Obento - Cooking Sake
- Obento - Sushi & Sashimi Soy Sauce
- S&B - Wasabi in Tube