- 1 packet Hakubaku organic udon noodles (270g)
- 200g prawns, shelled
- 1 tbsp Kewpie Japanese Sesame Soy dressing
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil for cooking
- GINGER AND SPRING ONION DRESSING
- 60 mls mushroom soy sauce (Like Lee Kum Kee)
- 2 tbsp Kewpie Japanese Sesame Soy dressing
- 1 inch piece of ginger, coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 150 ml vegetable oil
- 4 spring onions, roughly chopped
- 1 carrot, sliced (optional), used for crunch and colour
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- handful of fresh coriander
- Chilli sauce
- Heat 1 tbsp of vegetable oil in a medium fry pan over medium heat. Put a large pot of boiling water to boil for the udon noodles.
- Add the shelled prawns and saute for 5-6 minutes until cooked. Set aside and mix with 1 tbsp Kewpie Japanese sesame soy dressing.
- When the water is boiled, cook the Hakubaku organic udon noodles for 8 minutes, then drain and rinse well.
- Make the ginger and spring onion dressing as udon noodles are boiling. Blend mushroom soy sauce, Kewpie sesame soy dressing, ginger, spring onions, sugar and vegetable oil in a blender for 3-4 minutes until a smooth dressing.
- Toss dressing with udon noodles and sliced carrots (this is optional and not essential. Used for colour and crunch). Garnish with sliced spring onion and coriander and serve with chilli sauce.
Product used in recipe
- Hakubaku - Hakubaku Organic Udon
- Kewpie - Kewpie Japanese Dressing Sesame Soy