- 3 CUPS OF LONG-GRAIN WHITE RICE
- 800 mL WATER
- 2 TSP SALT
- 1 BUNCH CHINESE SPINACH, CHOPPED
- 6 TO 8 GREEN PRAWNS, CLEANED
- 1 SMALL ONION, SLICED
- 1 TOMATO, SLICED
- 1 STALK LEMONGRASS, CHOPPED OR WHOLE
- 3 WHOLE GREEN CHILLIS
- 1 TSP TURMERIC
- 2 CANS OF TCC PREMIUM COCONUT MILK 400 mL
- Wash and soak 3 cups of white rice in water for 10 minutes. Strain the rice through a sieve.
- Add the washed rice, 1 can of TCC Premium Coconut Milk and 800 mL of water (use the empty can to measure) to a rice cooker.
- Add 1 tsp of salt to taste (optional).
- Allow to cook for 20 minutes.
- To prepare the curry, place listed ingredients in order in a large saucepan over medium heat: spinach, prawns, onion, tomato, lemongrass, chillis, salt, turmeric and 1 can of TCC Premium Coconut Milk.
- Allow to cook for 15 minutes or until bubbling.
- Stir and switch off the heat.
- Serve the cooked rice and top with the cococurry in a bowl of choice.
- Complete with a lemon wedge and chopped lemongrass for garnish.
Brands and product used
- TCC - Coconut Milk