- 1 kg Butternut Pumpkin
- 4 tablespoons laksa paste
- 2 red onions
- 1 bunch coriander
- 400ml coconut milk
- 300g firm tofu
- 200g noodles
- 2 limes
- fish sauce
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Halve pumpkin lengthways, remove seeds. Score flesh and rub pumpkin with two tbsp of the laksa paste. Place in round casserole dish (suitable for oven and stovetop). Halve the onions, add to the dish. Bake pumpkin and onions covered for 1 hour 20 mins.
- Scoop out the pumpkin flesh, discard skin. Place half the pumpkin in a blender with the onions, and the remaining laksa paste. Throw in a handful of coriander & stalks, and blitz to a thick paste.
- Put pumpkin mixture back into casserole dish along with non-blitzed pumpkin. Place on medium heat. Pour in coconut milk plus three cans of water. Bring to boil.
- Cut tofu into 2cm pieces and add to casserole dish, along with noodles. Simmer 5 mins.
- Squeeze in juice of 1 lime. Stir in 2 tbsp fish sauce.
- Serve and top with sliced chilli, chopped cashews and coriander leaves. Cut remaining lime into wedges and serve on top.
Brands and product used
- Valcom - Curry Paste Laksa