- MUSHROOM XO SAUCE
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 shallots sliced fine
- 3 tablespoons Lee Kum Kee Chilli Garlic Sauce
- 1 large red chilli sliced
- 1 tablespoon dried chilli flakes
- 200 grams Button mushrooms diced
- 100 grams Shitake mushrooms diced
- 20 grams dried Shitake mushrooms re-hydrated in boiling water, dice. Reserve 3/4 cup for later
- 2 tablespoons Lee Kum Kee Premium Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- QUORN & ASPARAGUS IN XO SAUCE
- 2 Quorn fillets
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 shallot sliced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 cm piece ginger fine julienne
- 1 bunch asparagus sliced on the diagonal
- 1 cup button mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup of Mushroom XO Sauce
- 1 tub enoki mushrooms
- 2 spring onions sliced on the diagonal
- 1 teaspoon of corn flour
- 1 tablespoon water
- MUSHROOM XO SAUCE In a large pan heat the vegetable oil on a low to medium heat. Add the shallots, Lee Kum Kee Chilli Garlic Sauce, red chilli and dried chilli flakes. Stirring until the shallots are tender.
- Add the button, shitake and re-hydrated shitake mushrooms. Cook until the the moisture from the mushrooms has released and evaporated.
- Pour in the Lee Kum Lee Premium Soy Sauce, balsamic vinegar and reserved shitake mushroom liquid. Reduce heat and simmer until the liquid has almost evaporated and the sauce has thickened.
- Remove from the stove, and allow to cool completely before storing in jar.
- QUORN & ASPARAGUS IN MUSHROOM XO SAUCE Drizzle the Quorn fillets in a little oil and fried on a grill until lovely chargrill marks appear on both sides. Remove and slice. Set aside.
- In a wok heat the vegetable oil and fry the shallots, garlic and ginger until soft and fragrant.
- Toss in the button mushrooms, Quorn and asparagus. Stir until asparagus becomes a little tender.
- Add the Mushroom XO Sauce and stir through well. Toss in the Enoki mushrooms and spring onion.
- Mix the corn flour and water together in a small bowl before pouring into the wok. Stir to combine and to coat everything in the pan. This will give a lovely gloss to the dish.
- Serve with traditional rice, konjac rice, cauliflower rice, traditional egg noodles or even konjac noodles....Delicous anyway you like. Garnish with a wedge of lime and spring onions.....Enjoy
Product used in recipe
- Lee Kum Kee - Garlic Chilli Sauce
- Lee Kum Kee - Premium Soy Sauce