- Coconut cream
- Seed Tapioca (sago)
- Dark brown sugar
- Palm sugar
- Pandan leaf
- In a small saucepan add Palm sugar, dark brown sugar and water. Simmer on low heat for 10mins until gravy reduces and thickens. Sit aside.
- In another small pot add coconut cream, pandan leaf and a touch of water. Simmer on low heat for 5mins. Add pinch of salt. Sit aside.
- In a large pot, boil water w/ pandan leaf. Bring to boil then add sago. Lower heat and let sago simmer. Stir intermittently until you see the sago form a clear shell around each individual ball.
- Let sago sink to the bottom of pot and remove from heat. Gently pour out majority of water without losing too much sago and replace with fresh water.
- Bring back to boil, until majority of the sago balls are translucent. Remove from heat again and pour sago through a sieve over the sink. Quickly transfer sago back into pot and start serving into bowls.
- Add 2 tablespoons of coconut cream mixture & 2 teaspoons palm sugar mixture to each individual bowl. Enjoy
Brands and product used
- TCC - Coconut Cream