- 1 whole chicken
- 1/2 tsp chicken stock
- 2cm ginger - smashed
- 5 dried shiitake mushrooms - soaked
- 2 tbsp goji berries
- 2 red dates
- 1L water
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- Chopped spring onions and fried shallots for garnish
- Mee Sua - 1 packet
- In a stock pot, add some oil and fry ginger until aromatic. Then add chicken to pot and fry for 3-5 mins.
- Pour water into the stock pot. Add chicken stock, shiitake mushrooms, goji berries and red dates. Simmer for 30-40 minutes.
- Blanch mee sua in a separte pot. Don't overcook it or it'll become mushy.
- Divide mee sua into bowls and pour the chicken soup over the mee sua.
- Top with hard-boiled egg and a sprinkle of chopped spring onions and fried shallots. Serve noodles immediately.
Brands and product used
- Lee Kum Kee - Chicken Bouillon Powder