- 500g Regular Tofu1 x carrot – peeled and sliced into thin strips1/2 x red capsicum – cleaned and slice into long strips1 x Lebanese cucumber – remove seeds and slice into long strips½ bunch coriander – wash and cleanPickled sushi ginger - slicedS & B Wasabi Paste1 packet Obento Yaki Nori Sushi wrappers2 cups Obento Sushi rice3 cups water1/2 cup rice wine vinegar5g salt
- Cut tofu into 1cm thick wedges and marinate tofu with the following ingredients. 1/4 Cup Soya Sauce, 3 Tablespoons Yeos Sesame Oil, 15g grated ginger, 15g chopped garlic.Heat frying pan and cook on both sides until golden. Cut Tofu into long strips. Cool. To cook Rice: Rinse rice. Put all ingredients into pot. Bring to boil. Stir once. Cover pot. Continue cooking gently for 5 minutes. Turn off and allow to sit for 10-15 minutes. Cool.Lay one sheet of Yaki Nori sushi wrapper on bamboo sushi mat.½ cover with cooked rice. Smear with a little wasabi. Place evenly across the rice the remaining ingredients. Lightly wet each long edge of the Yaki Nori with water. Roll up and give a final twist. Place covered in fridge and allow to chill before cutting into desired lengths. Serve with soya sauce and additional wasabi.
Brands and product used
- Obento - Yaki Nori for Sushi
- Obento - Sushi & Sashimi Soy Sauce
- S&B - Wasabi in Tube
- Obento - Rice Wine Vinegar