- 800g beef rump steak
- 1/2 Cup ABC sweet soy sauce
- Peanut oil. A generous splash
- 1/2 Cup crunchy peanut butter
- Chilli flakes - to your liking. I do a mild 1/2 tsp..
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 Head of Broccoli, stems chopped and heads broken apart by hand.
- 400g Jasmine microwave rice or 2 cups Cooked Jasmine rice
- 1 and 1/2 tbs grated ginger
- 2 small bunch bok choy, chopped coarsely, leaves and stems separated.
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut, toasted in pan.
- Water soaked bamboo skewers (approx 15 to 20)
- For Satay Beef: Slice Beef into 1cm strips across the grain. Marinate in ABC sweet soy sauce, about 1and 1/2 tbs, and dollop of oil. Once marinated, skewer beef with soaked bamboo.
- For Satay Sauce:Combine remaining ABC sweet soy sauce, peanut butter and chilli flakes in a small saucepan. Stir in 1/2 cup boiling water and stir over low heat until liquid simmers. Remove from heat and add lemon juice, stir.
- For Broccoli Fried Rice:Over high heat, heat a splash of oil in pan or wok. Add broccoli, cooked rice and ginger and stir fry for 2 minutes, add bok choy stems and fry for a further 2 minutes. Now toss through bok choy leaves and heat until just wilted.
- Using a pan or BBQ grill, on high heat, cook beef skewers for 3-4 minutes, turning once or until nicely browned and sticky.
- Serve skewers on top of Broccoli fried rice and spoon over satay sauce. Sprinkle generous amount of toasted coconut.
- Serves 5
Product used in recipe
- ABC - Sweet Soy Sauce