- 270gm Hakubuku organic ramen noodles
- Soy Milk Broth:* 1 tablespoon scorched garlic oil (recipe below
- * 1/2 yellow onion, finely diced
- * 1/2 green onion, chopped
- * 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- * 2 tsp white pepper
- * 2 tbsp Obento mirin seasoning
- * 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- * 2 tbsp miso paste
- * 1 tbsp Lee Kum Kee spicy bean sauce (Toban Djan)
- * 1.5 cup soy milk
- * 3 cups water
- Blackened Garlic Oil:* 8 cloves garlic, crushed
- * 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- * salt, to taste
- Toppings:* 1 green onion, sliced thinly
- * 1 grilled onion
- * 100 grams bean sprouts, blanched
- * 6 shiitake mushrooms
- * 1 grilled corn
- * Packet of five spice tofu
- To make the scorched garlic oil, crush garlic cloves with knife.
- In a pot, fry garlic in vegetable oil on medium-high heat until they become black. Turn off heat and let cool.
- Prepare the vegetables for the broth and toppings. Dice the onion finely.
- Finish making the scorched garlic oil by blending it with a food processor.
- To make the broth, heat 1 tablespoon of the scorched garlic oil in a medium-sized pot. Cook yellow onion, spring onion, white pepper, and ginger powder together for 3 minutes (don't over-caramelise).
- After 3 minutes, add sesame seeds, mirin, miso paste, LKK Spicy bean sauce. Cook for 3 more minutes.
- Finally, add soy milk and water. Bring broth up to a boil, and turn down the heat to simmer for 20 minutes.
- While broth is simmering, cook noodles according to packet specifications. Once the broth is done, taste broth and adjust seasoning to taste. Assemble the ramen bowl with toppings and drizzle with scorched garlic oil.
Product used in recipe
- Hakubaku - Hakubaku Organic Ramen
- Obento - Mirin Seasoning
- Lee Kum Kee - Chilli Bean Sauce