- 16 shiitake mushrooms (soaked and diced)
- 8 dried Chinese sausage (diced)
- 2.5 rice cooker cups glutinous rice & 0.5 rice cooker cup jasmine rice, soaked and drained
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 1 tbsp Chinese rice wine
- 4 tbsp Lee Kum Kee soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Lee Kum Kee oyster sauce
- 4 spring onions, diced
- 0.5 bunch of coriander, diced
- 4 cups chicken stock
- Heat frying pan or wok with a dash of oil. Make sure you have a lid handy, as you will need it later.
- Fry together the brown onion, Chinese sausage and shiitake mushrooms until the onion is softened. Throw on the Chinese rice wine and listen to the SIZZLE! Give it a stir, then remove the mixture from heat and put aside.
- Add the rice to the frying pan or wok, distributing evenly, followed by the chicken stock. Cover and let simmer on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Lay the onion/sausage/mushroom mixture on top of the rice. Cover and simmer for another 10 minutes or until the rice is cooked through.
- Add the yummy Lee Kum Kee soy sauce and oyster sauce and MIX MIX MIX!
- Add most of the spring onions and coriander to the rice and MIX MIX MIX! Scrape any hard bits off the bottom, as these are yummo crunchy morsels!
- Add remainder spring onions and coriander on top to decorate. DIG IN!
Product used in recipe
- Lee Kum Kee - Oyster Sauce
- Lee Kum Kee - Gold Label Soy Sauce