- 180 gms Hakubaku Ramen Noodles
- 600 mls Vegetable Stock
- 1 1/2 Tbs White Miso Paste
- 2 tsp Togarashi Spice
- 1 Tbs Shredded Nori
- 2 Tbs Obento Cooking Sake
- 4 drops Yeo's Pure Sesame Oil
- 400 gms Corn Kernels
- 400 gms Baby Corn Spears
- 400 gms Firm Tofu
- 4 Tbs Obento Teriyaki Marinade
- 1 Egg (whisked with 1 Tbs Almond Milk)
- 2-3 Tbs Black Sesame seeds
- 2-3 Tbs White Sesame Seeds
- 200 gms Enoki Mushrooms
- 4 small Eggs (Hard Boiled)
- A little oil for frying
- Nori to garnish
- Chives to garnish
- Drain & press the tofu overnight, cut into 2 cm square strips, marinate in the teriyaki sauce for 3-4 hours.
- Remove the tofu from the marinade, pat dry, dip into the egg/almond milk mixture & coat with black & white sesame seeds, chill for 30 minutes.
- Place the vegetable stock, white miso paste, sesame oil, togarashi spice, cooking sake, in a saucepan & simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the sweet corn kernels, baby corn & shredded nori, simmer for 1 - 2 minutes, set aside keeping warm.
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil, add the Hakubaku ramen noodles, cook for 4-5 minutes, drain & keep warm.
- Heat a little oil in a heavy based frypan, cook the sesame coated tofu, turning to brown each side, drain on kitchen paper & slice.
- To serve - place the noodles & broth in a bowl, arrange the sesame tofu & hard boiled eggs on top, garnish with enoki mushrooms, nori & chives.
Brands and product used
- Hakubaku - Organic Ramen Noodles
- Yeo's - Pure Sesame Oil
- Obento - Teriyaki Marinade
- Obento - Cooking Sake