- 4 x large lamb shanks
- 2 tsp 'All Spice' spice mix
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 3 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1.5 cups beef or vegetable stock
- 2 tbs hoi sin marinade
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- salt & pepper
- 1 pack green beans (about 250 grams), trimmed and rinsed
- 400 grams approx. desiree potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/3 cup thickened cream
- 3 tsp wasabi paste
- corn flour (optional)
- green onions, finely diced (optional)
- Add the stock, All Spice, garlic, chilli, hoi sin marinade, Soy Sauce and salt & pepper to a 5.5 Litre slow cooker and turn on low
- Lightly brown the lamb shanks in a non-stick pan on medium heat. Transfer the shanks into the slow cooker then add the diced onion.
- Cover and leave to cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- When the shanks are ready turn the slow cooker to the 'keep warm' setting.
- Boil the potatoes until soft. Drain and mash with the cream and wasabi paste until smooth.
- Boil or steam the green beans until cooked.
- Divide the mash between four bowls, top with green beans and a lamb shank and pour over sauce OR for a thicker sauce, transfer to a pot and thicken with a cornflour/water paste as per pack directions.
- Top with sliced green onions (optional)
- Serve immediately.
Brands and product used
- S&B - Wasabi in Tube
- Obento - Sushi & Sashimi Soy Sauce
- Lee Kum Kee - Stir Fry Essential Hoisin