- Ingredients for Mongolian lamb shanks:2 lamb shanks1/2 onion sliced1/2 cup flourSalt and white pepperLee Kum Kee Mongolian lamb stir fry sauce pouch1 cup water1 tsp Cornflour
- Ingredients for serving:2 cups cooked rice (prepare as per packet instructions)1/2 carrot 1/4 red capsicum2 spring onion stalks1 small red chilli slicedHandful green beansHandful sweet peas1 cup baby silverbeat
- Making the slow cooked Mongolian lamb shanks:Mix flour with a pinch of salt and white pepper. Coat lamb shanks and then seal briefly in a fry pan on high, add onion slices when sealing last side to brown the onion slightly. Transfer shanks and onion to a slow cooker. Mix Mongolian lamb stir fry sauce with 1 cup water and pour over shanks in slow cooker. Make sure shanks are coated in sauce, cover with lid and leave to cook on low for approximately 8 hrs. The meat should be tender and almost falling off the bone by this stage. If the sauce is too runny, prepare a tsp cornflour mixed with a little bit of cold water to mix through the sauce to thicken it.
- Preparing the ingredients for the rest of the bowl:Steam rice as per the packet instructionsJulienne carrot and cut spring onion in thin strips lengthwise, place in chilled water to curl. Blanch baby silverbeat leaves and beans (sliced in half lengthways) in boiling water for a few seconds before running under cold water. Slice red onion and red capsicum in thin slices. Cut sweet peas in half.
- To arrange the ingredients in the bowl: Scoop rice into a small bowl and press firmly so it takes it’s shape before turning the rice out into the bowl. Place the lamb shank in the bowl to one side. Arrange the vegetables around the rice and lamb shank and top with spring onion curls and chilli slices to garnish. Enjoy x
Product used in recipe
- Lee Kum Kee - Ready Sauce For Mongolian Lamb