- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/4 Chinese braising sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 2kg bone-in beef short ribs, cut crosswise into 4cm pieces
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons chopped spring onion
- In a large bowl, whisk together soy sauce, beef broth, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, sesame oil and red pepper flakes, if using.
- Place short ribs into a slow cooker. Stir in sauce mixture until well combined.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours or high heat for 3-4 hours.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and 1/4 cup water. Stir in mixture into the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high heat for an additional 30 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve immediately, garnished with spring onion and sesame seeds. Ideally served on freshly cooked rice and blanched bok choy.
Product used in recipe
- Lee Kum Kee - Chinese Braising Sauce