- 2 salmon fillets.
- 180g Obento Japanese Noodles Soba.
- 120g frozen edamame.
- 1 tablespoon ponzu sauce, plus extra as a dipping sauce.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil.
- Sesame seeds for garnish (optional).
- Remove salmon from fridge 10-15 minutes prior to cooking, pat dry with paper towel. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring a saucepan of water to a boil. Add soba noodles and cook for 1-2 minutes. Remove noodles from the saucepan and rinse under running water to cool. Drain, and transfer to a mixing bowl.
- In the same saucepan, add frozen edamame into the boiling water. Cook for 4 minutes. Drain and cool under running water. Set aside.
- Remove beans from edamame pods by squeezing the beans gently. Discard the shells and add the beans to the mixing bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon of ponzu sauce into the mixing bowl and give it a good mix.
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Place salmon skin-side down and cook for 3-4 minutes. Flip the fillets over, and cook for an additional 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Dish up the soba noodle mixture with the crispy-skinned salmon on a plate and serve with additional ponzu sauce alongside. Garnish with sesame seeds (optional).
Product used in recipe
- Obento - Soba Noodles
- Obento - Ponzu Sauce