- 1/2 Wombok (finely sliced in a mandolin)
- 180 grams of soba noodles
- 1 cucumber (julienned)
- 1 thumb of ginger (finely grated)
- 4 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of mirin
- 2 tablespoons of rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon of bonito flakes
- 1 squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of roasted sesame seeds (crushed in mortar and pestle)
- 1 medium-boiled egg for serving on top.
- To make ponzu sauce add soy, mirin, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, bonito flakes, crushed sesame seeds and lemon juice in a small saucepan. Simmer until bonito is dissolved then take off heat and set aside.
- Bring another medium saucepan to boil, add soba noodles and cook for 4-5 minutes or until 'al dente'. drain and run under cold water. Add a teaspoon of sesame oil to drained, cooled noodles to assist with separation.
- Combine soba noodles with cabbage and ginger. Mix together.
- Add ponzu sauce to noodle cabbage mixture. Toss until evenly coated. Place cucumber on top, then add egg to finish. Sprinkle with any leftover sesame seeds.
Product used in recipe
- Obento - Mirin Seasoning