- 1 sheet Obento Yaki Nori for Sushi
- 170 asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 270 g Hakubaku organic soba noodles
- 150 g sugar snap peas
- 2 large avocados (320 g) quartered
- 1 bunch dutch carrots (400g), trimmed, halved lengthways (if you can find them, baby rainbow dutch carrots look and taste fantastic)
- 8 baby cucumbers (dukes) (480 g), halved lengthways
- 4 radishes (140 g), sliced
- 2 teaspoons black sesame seeds
- half a broccoli, cut into florets.
- 3/4 cup (115g) raw cashews
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Make lemon cashew dressing: Place cashews in a small bowl, cover with 1/3 cup (80 ml) cold water. Stand, covered, for 4 hours. Drain cashews, rinse under cold running water; drain well. Blend drained cashews with remaining ingredients and 1 tablespoon water until smooth and creamy, using a high-powered blender if you have one (this type of blender produces a very smooth consistency). Season to taste with salt. (Makes 1/3 cups of dressing)
- Cut nori into 2.5 cm wide strips with kitchen scissors; pat with damp paper towel to soften slightly. Wrap a nori strip around each asparagus spear, starting 2 cm from the base, drizzle with half the oil.
- Cook asparagus on a heater grill plate (or pan or BBQ) over medium-high heat for 4 minutes on each side or until tender.
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil; cook noodles for 5 minutes or until just tender. Remove with tongs to a medium bowl; keep water boiling. Cool noodles under cold running water; drain. Return tp bowl; drizzle with remaining oil.
- Meanwhile, blanch peas and broccoli in the same pan of boiling water for 30 seconds. Drain, cool immediately in a bowl of cold water; drain again.
- Divide noodles, peas, asparagus, avocado, carrot, cucumber, radish and broccoli among bowls. Top with sesame seeds. Spoon over lemon cashew dressing. Season to taste; serve with remaining dressing to the side.
Brands and product used
- Hakubaku - Organic Soba Noodles
- Obento - Yaki Nori for Sushi