- 400 g fresh whole green prawns
- 4 tbs peanut oil
- 240 g Valcom Authentic Pad Thai paste
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 400 g fresh pad Thai rice noodles
- 150 g fresh bean sprouts
- 1 tbs coriander root (finely diced)
- 1 tbs fish sauce
- Garnish – some sliced spring onion
- Garnish – roasted crushed peanuts
- Garnish – Coriander leaves
- Garnish – sliced birds eye chilli
- Peel and devein prawns however keep shells and heads. Leave tail intact.
- Heat oil in a wok on high and add prawn shells and heads. Stir fry for around 2 mins (until just pink).
- Remove shells/heads but retain fragrant oil. Add prawn meat and stir fry for two minutes until pink.
- Push prawns to the side and add beaten egg. Lightly scramble and mix with prawns.
- Add pad thai paste and stir for another minute until mixed through.
- Add fresh noodles, toss to combine well before adding beansprouts, coriander root & fish sauce.
- Once combined well and all heated well through, serve in desired bowls, garnish with some sliced spring onion, roasted crushed peanuts, coriander leaves & chilli (if you like some heat).
Brands and product used
- Valcom - Pad Thai Paste
- Squid Brand - Fish Sauce