- 1kg chicken breast, diced
- Olive oil
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped or crushed.
- 1 fresh long chilli or 2 Thai chillies depending on taste, thinly sliced. Remove the seeds for less heat.
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 200g snow peas
- 4 tbsp tamarind paste
- 2 tbsp kecap manis sweet soy sauce
- 1 can bamboo shoots
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, chopped into 2cm chunks (alternatively a 450g can can be used)
- Heat a small amount of oil in a wok or deep drying pan. Fry chicken on medium-high heat until browned. Drain excess juices.
- Add garlic, chilli, capsicum and snow peas and stir fry on medium heat until capsicum begins to soften.
- Add tamarind paste, kecap manis, bamboo shoots, and pineapple and stir-fry on medium heat until hot and chicken is cooked through.
- Optional: serve with jasmine rice and a drizzle of honey.
Brands and product used
- ABC - Sweet Soy Sauce