- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 500g Chicken Mince
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Onion, diced
- 1/4C Hoisin Sauce
- 2Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1Tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1Tbsp Fresh Grated Ginger
- 1Tbsp Sriracha Sauce, optional
- 1 Can Water Chestnuts, drained & diced
- 2 Green Onions, diced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 Head of Butter Lettuce
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium high heat. Add ground chicken and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the chicken as it cooks; drain excess fat
- Stir in garlic, onion, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ginger and Sriracha until onions have become translucent, about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in chestnuts and green onions until tender, about 1-2 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- To serve, spoon several tablespoons of the chicken mixture into the center of a lettuce leaf, taco-style.
Brands and product used
- Valcom - Water Chestnuts Sliced
- Obento - Rice Wine Vinegar
- Lee Kum Kee - Hoi Sin Sauce