- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast or boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 4 tbsp cooking wine
- 6 cloves garlic, finely grated
- 1 tbsp ginger, finely grated
- 10 green onions, cut into 1 1/2-inch long pieces, with extra for garnish
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 10 bamboo skewers
- SAUCE INGREDIENTS:
- 1/2 cup LEE KUM KEE premium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tbsp chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp gochujang (red chilli paste)
- Pinch of pepper
- Soak the bamboo skewers in water.
- In a bowl, mix together chicken, salt and pepper, cooking wine, grated garlic and ginger. Set aside.
- Make the sauce by mixing all the ingredients for the sauce. Set aside.
- Remove the bamboo skewers from the water and gently dry. Put through chicken and green onion pieces onto each skewer in alternating order.
- In a large pan, heat sesame oil over medium heat. Add skewers and cook for around 3 minutes.
- Turn the skewers over and brush over the sauce. Cook for another 2 minutes, then flip over and brush over the sauce again. Continue to turn the skewers and brush the sauce on the skewers until the chicken is fully cooked and charred to your taste.
Product used in recipe
- Lee Kum Kee - Premium Soy Sauce