- crumbed chicken
- your choice veggies
- 2 1/2 cups kokuho short grain rice
- 4 3/4 cups water
- 7 tbsp obento rice eine vinegar
- 3 3/4 tbsp sugar
- dash of salt
- 10 x nori seaweed sheets
- kewpie mayonnaise
- abc sweet soy sauce
- preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius and line 2 baking trays with baking paper, 1 for chicken and 1 for salmon.
- put rice and 3 3/4 cups water in a pot over the stove and bring to boil. as this is coming to boil, put chicken and salmon in oven for 20 minutes.
- begin prepping veggies. once the rice comes to boil, reduce heat to low, cover with a lid, and leave it to simmer for 20 minutes.
- mix 5 tbsp rice wine vinegar, sugar, and salt in a small non-aluminium saucepan over heat until the sugar is dissolved. put aside to cool.
- once somewhat cooled, mix cooked salmon with kewpie mayonnaise.
- prepare a solution of 1 cup water and 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar, and sprinkle some onto a clean teatowel.
- stir vinegar/sugar solution into cooled rice and put aside your work station.
- dip fingers into water/vinegar solution and place the first sheet of seaweed towards the close edge of the teatowel. spread 1cm of rice onto the seaweed, leaving about 1cm along the far edge without rice. create a narrow strip of ingredients about a quarter into the sushi. use the teatowel to neatly roll the sushi. cut in half, and place aside. repeat for rest of seaweed sheets.
- serve with kewpie mayonnause and soy sauce
Product used in recipe
- Obento - Rice Wine Vinegar
- ABC - Sweet Soy Sauce