- 3-5 Fresh sea scallops (cleaned in shell)
- 1 tbs ponzu sauce
- Sesame oil
- S&B salt & pepper seasoning
- ½ tbs pickled ginger (shredded)
- ¼ spring onion (shredded)
- Place wok with enough water for steaming on high heat.
- Mix together ponzu and sesame oil and set aside.
- Place scallops in a bamboo steamer and top with around a tsp of ponzu/sesame marinade & a tiny pinch of salt/pepper seasoning for each scallop
- Place covered steamer in a wok (assuming water is at a gentle boil) and steam for approx. 5 mins until opaque in color.
- Remove steamer from wok and garnish with a few threads of finely sliced ginger and spring onion.
- Serve while hot – Enjoy!
Brands and product used
- Obento - Ponzu Sauce
- Yeo's - Pure Sesame Oil
- S&B - Seasoned Salt & Pepper