- 3 fillets of barumundi (each fillet cut into thirds)
- 2 table spoons of rice wine
- 1/2 cup Soy sauce
- 1/2 cup Obento Mirin Seasoning
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup rice wine
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 table spoons freshly sliced ginger
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- Spring onion and sesame seeds to garnish
- 3 cups rice
- Sprinkle 2 table spoons of rice wine over fish and set aside.
- In a medium heat pan, add soy sauce, mirin and sugar.
- Once sugar has dissolved, add rice wine, water and ginger. Then sift corn starch and mix in.
- Once sauce begins to simmer and thicken add fish and cover. Let cook for 3-4 minutes. Turn fish and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Garnish as desired and serve with steamed rice.
Brands and product used
- Obento - Mirin Seasoning