- 4 large chicken thigh fillets
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 lemongrass stalk, white part only, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced
- 1tbs kecap manis
- 1tbs fish sauce
- 1tbs lime juice
- 1 bunch bok choy steamed
- 1 cup of steamed jasmine rice
- Heat 1tbs peanut oil in a large fry pan over medium heat, cook the chicken turning occasionally for 5 minutes or until brown. Transfer to a plate.
- Add garlic, lemongrass and chill to pan. Cook, stirring for 2 minutes or unit aromatic. Add kecap manis, fish sauce, lime juice and 1 tbs of water. Stir to combine. Bring to boil.
- Add chicken to pan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover. Simmer for 5 minutes, turn chicken. Cook uncovered for a further 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and sauce thickens slightly.
- Serve chicken and sauce with bok choy and rice. Sprinkle with chilli, lime wedges and coriander if you wish. Vuola!
Brands and product used
- ABC - Sweet Soy Sauce