- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 c. plus 1 tbsp. cornflour
- 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2kg boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into
- 1” piecesCanola oil2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. freshly minced ginger
- 2/3 c. freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tbsp. ABC SWEET Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. sweet chili sauce
- 2 tbsp. LEE KUM KEE hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 spring onion, RAINBOW SALAD
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 6 small radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- Small Tinned corn kernel
- In one bowl, add eggs, and in a second bowl, mix ½ cup cornflour and season with salt and pepper. Coat chicken pieces in egg, then toss in cornflour mixture, shaking off any excess
- In a large, deep frypan over medium-high heat, heat ¼'' oil. Fry chicken in batches until golden and crispy, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add garlic, ginger, and cook 2 minutes.
- Whisk in orange juice, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, chili sauce, hoisin sauce, brown sugar, and lemon juice and bring to a simmer.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together remaining tablespoon Cornflour with 2 tablespoons water. Slowly whisk into sauce to thicken and simmer until sauce is syrupy, about 5 minutes.
- Toss chicken with sauce and green onions. Serve over rice and with rainbow salad.Cook rice white to serve place next to Rainbow salad.
Brands and product used
- ABC - Sweet Soy Sauce