- Meatballs - 500g Pork mince
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- For Sticky sauce - 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tbsp honey
- 4 tbsp Hoi sin Sauce
- 2 tsp rice flour
- 1 tsp extra orange juice
- 10-12 mini brioche rolls or mini hot dog rolls
- 5 mini cucumbers
- For meatballs combine sesame oil, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and egg and mix well.
- Add mince and breadcrumbs and mix well. Roll into meatballs on a plate lined with baking paper.
- Cook meatballs in frypan with tiny bit of oil. Cook till golden and no longer pink inside.
- In large pot add orange juice, hoisin sauce and honey (straight to pan). Cook over high heat till it comes to boil. Mix rice flour with extra orange juice (in cup) to make a paste.
- Add rice flour paste to sauce and cook till it thickens.
- Add meatballs to the sticky sauce and turn off the heat. Stir through making sure meatballs are well coated.
- Assemble subs - cut mini rolls but not all the way through. Add a few thin slices of cucumber.
- Add meatballs to your subs and serve with extra sauce from pot
Product used in recipe
- Lee Kum Kee - Hoi Sin Sauce
- Obento - Panko Breadcrumbs