- 500 g chicken thigh , sliced
- 2 knobs ginger, peeled and julienned
- 100g black fungus, rehydrated in warm water (about 30 minutes), then washed clean and cut into bite size
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp chicken stock powder
- 2tbsp Chinese cooking wine, or just water
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp ABC dark sweet soy sauce (Kecap Manis)
- 2 spring onion, sliced diagonally
- 1 tspn white pepper
- Mix sweet soy sauce, soy sauce and oyster sauce in a small bowl and set aside.
- Put the wok or fry pan on high heat. Add oil and wait until the oil heat up. Once you see the smoke start coming up from the wok. Put the chicken in.
- Cook chicken until just cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle chicken stock powder in the wok.
- Add Chinese cooking wine or water. Cook for about 1 minute.
- Add ginger and sauce mixtures. Cook for another minute or two.
- Add black fungus and mix until the sauce coated the black fungus and the fungus heat through. At this stage, you can add a little water if it looks a little dry.
- Add spring onion and white pepper. Give it a few stirs.
- Serve with Jasmine rice. Garnish with extra spring onion.
Brands and product used
- ABC - Sweet Soy Sauce