- 1.2 kg Pork Short ribs
- 3 tbs Honey
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbs Hoisin sauce
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 long red chili ( this is mild, add more or less to taste)
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 3-4 cups steamed basmati Rice
- 1 bunch Choi Sum, roughly chopped
- 5-6 mushrooms sliced
- drizzle sesame oil
- 2 tso sesame seeds
- 1/2 lime juiced
- Make marinade and coat the ribs. Stick in fridge over night or 5-6 hours before cooking.
- Heat the over to 200 degrees. Line a roasting dish with foil and cover with water (1/2 inch is enough). place a rack in the dish. and lay the ribs out flat on the rack.
- Remove the rest of the marinade into a pot and simmer for 2-4 minutes until thickened slightly.
- After 10 mins baking turn the ribs and brush with marinade. Repeat this step until they are dark and sticky with all the marinade
- Meanwhile, cook the rice.
- In a frying pan, heat some oil and fry the mushrooms, until tender, add the choi sum and toss sesame seed and oil to finish.
- Cut the ribs into small pieces, serve with a cup of cooked rice, and choi sum on the side. Squeeze lime juice over the dish to serve
Brands and product used
- Yeo's - Pure Sesame Oil