- Blue swimmer crab
- Wash sushi rice around 3 times place in pot with equal parts water bring to boil and reduce heat cook until rice is al dente add rice wine vinegar and sugar then allow to cool.
- Prepare cucumber,toasted sesame seeds, avocado and crab meat
- Once rice is cool construct your sushi rolls and allow to sit while you prepare your crab cake.
- In a bowl add crab small amount of ginger, garlic, chives and a squeeze of lime and season with salt and pepper shape your crab cake and dust in some plain flour and dip into tempura batter and lightly fry until crisp and cooked through. Allow to sit and drain excess oil.
- Slice sushi rolls and arrange and garnish with some wasabi, kupi mayonnaise and pickled ginger. Slice crab cake and place on plate and garnish with some rocket, pickled ginger, toasted sesame seeds and dress with olive oil and lime juice and season.
Brands and product used
- Obento - Rice Wine Vinegar
- Obento - Yaki Nori for Sushi
- Lee Kum Kee - Premium Soy Sauce