- 500g firm tofu, cubed
- 150g corn flour
- 100g plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- 180ml water
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 cups vegetable oil for frying
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1 pkt LKK Sweet & Sour sauce
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 2 tsp LKK Premium Soy
- 1 onion, sliced
- 6 pineapple rings, chopped
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- In a dish, place in 50g corn flour. Lightly coat the cubed tofu in corn flour.
- Heat the oil on a medium-high heat.
- Using a medium sized bowl, mix together: 100g corn flour, 100g plain flour, bicarb and water, stir to make a batter.
- Dip the floured tofu into the batter, then place gently into the hot oil. Cook for 3-4 minutes until golden brown. Remove from wok, then place on a wire rack to drain.
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil to medium heat. Place in onions and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add in garlic and ginger and stir for 2 minutes. Then add in LKK Sweet and Sour Sauce, LKK Premium soy, pineapple and capsicum. Stir occasionally for 4-5 minutes until sauce starts to heat through.
- Add the tofu to the sauce, cover the tofu generously with the sauce. Transfer tofu to a dish, then top with finely sliced spring onion and sesame seeds. Serve with rice.
Brands and product used
- Lee Kum Kee - Ready Sauce Sweet & Sour Pork
- TCC - Coconut Milk