- Coles Charcoal Buns
- 200g pork belly, cut intoChunk sizes
- 3 tsp Oyster sauce
- 3 tsp soy sauce
- 100g brown sugar
- 1 packet of pickle mustard
- 100g peanut
- 1 star anise
- 3 tsp shaoxing wine
- Note: The braised pork belly can be precooked beforehand.
- Heat frying pan over medium heat and add cooking oil. Pan fry the pork belly pieces until brown.
- Add shaoxing cooking wine and star aniseed to release fragrance. Return pork belly back to the pan. Then add soy sauce and oyster sauce. Stir to mix well.
- Add 3 cups water and brown sugar and bring to boil. Place into pressure cooker and cook until pork is tender.
- In the meantime, place the charcoal buns in the steamer and cook according to instructions.
- Diced the Chinese pickle mustard into small bite. Pan fry in oil and add sugar. Cook for 5 minutes until fragrant.
- Assemble the pork belly bun with 1-2 pieces of pork belly, pickled mustard, crushed peanuts and garnish with fresh coriander.
Product used in recipe
- Lee Kum Kee - Kum Chun Oyster Sauce