- 3 cups glutinous / sticky / sushi rice (the teddy bear works better if the rice is sticky)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 brown onion, cut into chunks
- 200g potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 200g carrots, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 extra slices of carrot for garnish
- S&B Golden Curry (1 pack, mild or hot)
- Seaweed sheet
- Prepare the decorations - cut carrot flowers (slice carrot 2-3mm thick, then cut into flowers as pictured), then cut the eyes, nose and pawprints out of the seaweed sheet (as pictured, using scissors). Set the decorations aside.
- Cook rice per packet instructions. Once cooked, fluff the rice and let it cool a little until it's not too hot to handle.
- Heat the oil in a large frypan over medium heat.
- Add chopped onion, carrot and potatoes, and stir-fry for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the vegetables to a pot, add 540ml water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer until ingredients are tender (approx 15 mins).
- Break 1 pack of S&B Golden Curry into pieces and add them to the pot. Stir constantly until curry blocks are completely melted and the curry has thickened (approx 5 minutes), then remove from heat.
- Make the rice-teddy head, arms and legs as pictured. Wetting your hands (or wearing disposable gloves and wetting the gloves) will help stop the rice from sticking.
- Add the seaweed eyes, nose and pawprints to the rice-teddy. They should stick without needing any extra adhesive.
- Serve the Golden Curry in a bowl, add the rice-teddy, then add carrot flowers for garnish.
Product used in recipe
- S&B - Golden Curry Hot