- Rice, vegetables, tempura batter, yaki nori
- Place 2 cups of sushi rice to 3 cups of water into a rice cooker and microwave for 18 minutes.
- Cut vegetables, I use a mixture of cabbage, sweet potatos, capsicum and onion but you can get creative and use what you like.
- Mix tempura batter. You can find easy recipes online or buy the obento tempura mix for ease you can just add water until desired consistency.
- Heat oil in pan.
- Grab a small handful of vegetables, coat heavily in batter and cook evenly both sides. Rest on paper towel to soak up excess oil.
- You can either eat warm as is with a little salt and Lee kum kee premium soy sauce or wrap into sushi rolls if preferred.
- For sushi rolls sprinkle cooked sushi rice with obento rice wine vinegar, manipulate rice into 4/5th of the obento Yaki Nori. Add tempura vegetables and Kew Pee mayonnaise to top of roll. Roll until you reach the bare end of the Nori baste end with water and roll tightly. Enjoy with Lee Kum Kee premium soy sauce.
- A fun and tasty recipe to make with the kids. We added some other combinations of sushi for more variety. The kids love the crunch of the batter. It's a great way to include vegies into their diet, opening their palate to new world of flavour.
Brands and product used
- Lee Kum Kee - Premium Soy Sauce