- 500g beef mince
- 1 carrot
- 4 potatoes
- Mixed salad leaves 300g
- Teriyaki sauce 80g
- Sesame seeds 2 tablespoons
- Japanese dressing 60g
- Japanese mayonnaise 100g
- 2 Spring onions
- Breadcrumbs 1 cup
- 2 eggs
- Soy sauce 2 tsp
- Preheat oven to 220 fan forced.
- Cut potato into cubes and place on an oven tray lined with baking paper. Drizzle the potatoes with olive oil and sprinkle over sesame seeds. Bake for 25 minutes till the potatoes are tender.
- Grate the carrot and finely chop the spring onion.
- Combine the mayonnaise and soy sauce in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the beef mince, eggs, spring onion, breadcrumbs and a pinch of salt. With slightly damp hands, form the mixture into 1cm thick rissoles.
- Prepare a large frying pan over a medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Cook the rissoles by turning occasionally until browned. This should take around 8 minutes.
- Remove the rissoles from the heat and add teriyaki sauce and 3 tablespoons of water. Turn the rissoles to coat in the teriyaki glaze.
- Combine the Japanese dressing, mixed salad leaves and the grated carrot in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- Divide the potatoes, rissoles and salad between plates. Pour over any remaining teriyaki glaze from the pan. Serve with the soy mayonnaise on the side. Enjoy!
Product used in recipe
- Kewpie - Kewpie Japanese Dressing Roast Sesame