- Pork Ribs & Marinade:• 2 kg pork spare ribs• 2 Tbsp Valcom Thai Red curry paste• 2 garlic clove minced• 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar• 2 Tbsp Squid fish sauce• 1 Tbsp Lee Kum Lee Premium soy sauce• 1 Tbsp tamarind paste• 2 Tbsp. brown sugar• 1 Tbsp coriander root mince• 1 Tbsp lemon grass mince• 1 Tbsp tomato paste• 1 Tbsp chili garlic paste
- Pork Ribs BBQ Sauce:• 1 Tbsp Valcom Thai Red Curry paste• Tbsp soy sauce• 2 Tbsp fish sauce• 1 Tbsp coriander root mince• 1 Tbsp lemon grass mince• 2 Tbsp peanut butter• 2 Tbsp brown sugar• 1 Tbsp tomato paste• 1 Tbsp vinegar • 1 Tbsp chili garlic paste• 1 tsp Crushed peanuts (optional for garnish)• 1 small red chilli ( optional for garnish)
- Noodles:• 2 x 90 gram Hakubaku Organic Udon Noodles• 2 teaspoon red curry paste• 2 teaspoon soy sauce• 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Bean with Peanut Butter Sauce:• 300 gram green beans• 2 Tbsp Natural Crunchy Peanut butter• 1 Tbsp Brown sugar• 1 tsp Lee Kum Kee Premium Soy sauce• 1 tsp vinegar • 1 – 2 Tbsp hot water• 1 clove garlic• Rice bran oil
- Corn Skewers and Corn• 1 or 2 corn on the cob• 5 to 10 bamboo skewers
- Pickled Vegetables:• 1/8th Red Cabbage – finely shredded• 1/8th Cabbage – finely shredded• 1 Carrot - finely shredded• 4 Tbsp vinegar • 2 Tbsp sugar • 1 tsp salt • Alternative dressing 2 Tablespoon Coleslaw dressing or Kewpie Sesame Seed dressing
- 1. To prepare ribs, remove membrane skin on ribs. 2. Mix the marinade ingredients in a bowl and add the ribs, completely covering all the meat. Keep in the fridge for at least 6 hours or overnight for even better flavour. 3. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius or 170 degrees Celcius fan forced. 4. Put ribs on oven proof dish and cover with foil and put in centre of oven and slow cook for 2.5 hours. Turning regularly to baste. When cooked, remove foil. Baste rib in sauce and cook for further 15 minutes uncovered till it is caramelized. 5. Remove from oven and let it rest for 5 minutes before carving. 6. Alternatively, you can cook it on BBQ grill with the lid down. Wrap ribs in double layer of foil, slow cook on 120 degrees Celcius for 2.5 hours, turning regularly every half hour. Cooking the ribs low and slow is the key to tender, juicy, perfect ribs. When cooked, remove from foil and increase heat to 200 degrees Celcius to caramelise with more sauce. 7. To test if ribs are cooked, take a toothpick and insert between the bones. If it slides in relatively easily, they are done. The meat is fully cooked when it reaches 65 degrees Celcius, but that doesn’t always mean they are tender. Typically, the meat becomes tender enough when it reaches about 90 to 100 degrees Celcius. That means the collagen has had time to break down.
- Noodles :8. In a pot of rapid boiling water, boil the udon noodles for 8 minutes or so till cooked. Remove noodles from water and rinse in cold water and drain. 9. Toss into noodles 1 to 2 teaspoon of Valcom red curry paste and 1 tablespoon soy sauce and 1 teaspoon Yeo’s sesame oil according to taste required.
- Corn and Beans: 10. Skewer 10 sticks onto corn kernels and cut them off the cob to make corn kernels skewers. 11. Cut 2 inch pieces of corn for chunky effect. 12. Blanch corn for a minute in salted water and then add beans for another minute. Remove from water and drain.13. Heat pan with a little rice bran oil and brown a chopped garlic and fry the green beans quickly. Remove from heat. 14. Make peanut butter sauce by mixing the peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar and brown sugar and 2 tablespoon hot water into a nice thick consistency.
- Pickle Vegetables:15. Marinade finely shredded apples, carrot, red and white cabbage in 2 tablespoon vinegar, 1 tablespoon sugar and 1 tsp salt for half an hour to 2 hours
- All Together Now: 16. Arrange all into a big bowl : noodles, topped with ribs cut into sections, corn skewers, corn on the cob, pickles. 17. Arrange green beans and add a dollop of peanut sauce on top . 18. Put in a small bowl Thai BBQ Rib Dipping Sauce. 19. Garnish with crushed nuts and finely sliced red chilli. 20. Enjoy.
Brands and product used
- Hakubaku - Organic Udon Noodles
- Lee Kum Kee - Premium Soy Sauce
- Squid Brand - Fish Sauce
- Valcom - Curry Paste Red