- Vol au vent case:Six puff pastry sheets
- One egg
- Thai filling:3/4 jar of Valcom Thai green curry paste
- 400mL coconut cream
- ½ large eggplant (chopped into desired shape)
- 1 tomato (diced)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (can add more if needing extra salt)
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- Coriander and chilli to garnish
- Vol au Vent CasesPreheat your oven to 180° Celsius.
- Neatly place two puff pastry sheets on top of each other. Press lightly and trim any sides that are misaligned.
- Cut sheet into 4 even squares.
- One square at a time, carefully fold diagonally to form a triangle shape. With a 1.5cm margin, cut from the long edge to the point. Repeat for the other edge, being careful not to connect the cuts. You want the tip of the triangle to have a 1 cm space between the cuts.
- Unfold the triangle so you have a square again. Take the sides that have been completely cut through and fold over to the other edge. Seal edges with cold water.
- Beat an egg and brush the boarders with the eggwash.
- Place in a lined oven pan and cook for 20 mins at 180° Celsius.
- Thai curry filling:Stir fry 3/4 jar of Valcom Green Curry Paste in oil over low heat, until fragrant.
- Add 200mL coconut cream and stir fry over medium heat until thick and oil is beginning to separate.
- Add the eggplant and cook for 5 mins over medium heat. Add the remaining 200mL of coconut cream, diced tomato, fish sauce, and sugar. Cook gently on a low simmer until eggplant is soft and the mixture has thickened.
Brands and product used
- Valcom - Curry Paste Green