- 200 g Chicken breast
- 2 tbsp fresh Coriander leaves
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 tbsp Ginger
- 1 Lime (juice)
- 1 Onion
- 1 red Capsicum
- 1 can light Coconut milk (400 ml)
- 2 tbsp Red Curry paste
- 3 cups Vegetable stock
- 1 cup Basmati rice (Cauliflower rice for low carb option)
- 1 Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp unsalted Butter
- In a large saucepan of 1 1 /2 cups water, cook rice and set aside.
- Cut chicken breast in a few pieces and boil them until it is cooked through. Put aside to cool off.
- Add butter, garlic, onion and capsicum to the stockpot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in ginger until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Whisk in curry paste until well combined, about 1 minute. Gradually whisk in coconut milk and vegetable stock, and cook, whisking constantly, until incorporated, about 1-2 minutes.
- Shred chicken breast. Bring soup to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until slightly thickened, about 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in rice, shredded chicken, lime juice and coriander.
- Serve immediately.
Brands and product used
- TCC - Lite Coconut Milk