- Half a barramundi. Head or tail half is ok.
- 2-3 stalks lemongrass. I use frozen one coz they are cheaper. Bruise the lemongrass with a pestle
- Sauce:1 cup chicken stock or fish
- 2 Tbsp chopped palm sugar
- 8 Tbsp lime juice
- 6 Tbsp fish sauce, Squid Brand
- 1 bulb of garlic, chopped
- Chilies to taste, finely chopped
- A bunch of coriander, finely chopped
- Clean barramundi and stuff the lemongrass in the cavity. Steam for 15-20 mins until fish is cooked.
- Heat chicken stock in a saucepan and stir in the pam sugar until dissolved. Turn off the fire and mix in the rest of the sauce ingredients.
- To serve, pour sauce over steamed fish! It's that easy!
Product used in recipe
- Squid Brand - Fish Sauce