- 8 MEDIUM CARROTS, peel and chop 1cm pieces
- 6 SMALL SWEET POTATO, peel and chop 1cm pieces
- 2 TABLESPOONS VEGETABLE OIL
- 2 LARGE ONIONS, peel and chop fine
- 6 TABLESPOONS OF G-FRESH THAI SEASONING
- 6 WHOLE KAFFIR LIME LEAVES
- 5 CUPS OF CHICKEN STOCK
- 5 KING PRAWNS PER PERSON/SERVE, remove head, devein and remove tail. Cut prawn in half lengthways
- 1 TABLESPOON OF VEGETABLE OIL
- 400ML CAN OF TCC COCONUT CREAM
- BUNCH OF CORIANDER, chop 2 tablespoons per person
- CHILLI FLAKES
- Prepare sweet potato and carrot and place in large bowl.
- In an extra large pot on stove turn on low heat add oil and then onions and saute for 5 minutes. Add 4 tablespoons of Thai seasoning until fragrant and stir around. Add Kaffir lime leaves.
- Pour in half the sweet potato and carrot and stir around to coat in spices. Add the rest of the sweet potato and carrots and stir around for a few minutes to coat well.
- Pour in chicken stock which should cover the vegetables. Bring to a boil and then turn down the heat medium/low to cook the vegetables for 1/2 hour. Check the carrots are ready by cutting with a blunt knife they should cut easily/soft.
- Once cooked turn off heat and stir to make the kaffir lime leaves come to the surface and remove all 6.
- Use a blender to make the soup smooth and thick. Add 1/2 cup of coconut cream and stir through.
- Add 3/4 cup of coconut cream to a small saucepan and cook gently until hot. Set aside.
- Turn on a grill pan to heat up. Coat the prawns with oil using a brush. Sprinkle with Thai seasoning on both sides. You might need to cook prawns in batches depending on how many people you are serving. Put prawns red side down on grill for a minute they might start to curl. Turn them over and cook on flesh for another 30 seconds or until cooked through.
- To serve add soup to a bowl. Add 10 pieces of prawns, a few tablespoons of coriander, a good sprinkle of chilli flakes and dots or drizzles of coconut cream. Drizzle a little lime. Repeat serving steps for each person. Stir through to eat.
Brands and product used
- TCC - Coconut Cream