- 2 tbsp Yeo’s Sesame oil (1 tbsp + 1 tbsp)
- ½ onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup kimchi, roughly chopped (150g)
- 2 tbsp kimchi juice
- 2 tbsp gochujang (red chilli paste)
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 cups cooked short-grain rice (cooled)
- TO GARNISH:
- Fried egg
- Roasted shredded seaweed
- Scallions, finely sliced
- Heat 1 tablespoon of sesame oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Add onions, garlic, kimchi, and pinch of salt and pepper, and cook until soft.
- Add rice, kimchi juice, soy sauce and gochujang, stirring until everything is evenly mixed.
- Add in the remaining 1 tbsp of sesame oil. Turn heat to low and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Place rice in a bowl, top with a fried egg, and garnish with roasted seaweed and finely chopped scallions.
Product used in recipe
- Yeo's - Pure Sesame Oil