- Bao Sandwich Flaps
- Your chosen veg or other filling (recommend something coated with batter or panko!)
- Kewpie mayonaise
- LeeKum Kee Oyster Sauce
- Shredered veg such as carrots and cucumbers and red onions. ( OPTIONAL: soaked with some vinegar as a pickle)
- Prepare a steamer machine or a pot with water and a tray with holes in it and boil. When ready place the Bao Sandwich Flaps and steam or approx 8-10min
- While waiting prep up your chosen filling. I like to fill them with some tempura veg or meat-free scallops etc. ( recommend a crunchy filling ! ) get it ready and fry them up!
- After waiting, take out the steamed bao sandwich flaps and spread some kew pie mayonaise, another flap you can spread a little bit of lee kim kee oyster sauce. Then place your filling inside.
- Place some corainder in it and you can also add other vegs such as shredded carrots and cucumbers as well as some red onions.
- I like to add a little bit more of kew pie mayonaise afterwards and lightly season with some herb seasoning or salt and pepper. Done and easy and refreshing!!
Product used in recipe
- Kewpie - Kewpie Mayonnaise
- Lee Kum Kee - Oyster Sauce