- 1 packet of firm tofu approx. 360 grams • 1 to 2 Tbsp ABC sweet soya sauce• 1 to 2 Tbsp sweet chilli sauce• 1 Zucchini• 1 Red Capsicum• 1 Yellow Capsicum• 1 Orange Capsicum• 8 -10 brown button mushrooms and/or white button mushrooms• 8 -10 Satay sticks• 1 Tbsp Olive Oil or rice bran oil to coat vegetables for grilling• Salt and pepper to taste
- Satay Sauce• ½ cup crunchy peanut butter,• ¼ cup water to thin,• 2 - 3 tbsp lime juice,• 1 -2 Tbsp maple syrup or any sweetener ( to taste),• 2-3 Tbsp gluten-free tamari (if not gluten-free sub soy sauce // if soy-free sub coconut aminos*),• 1 tsp chilli garlic sauce (or 1 red Thai chili, minced // or 1/4 tsp red pepper flake // adjust to preferred spice level),• ½ tsp curry powder,• ½ tsp turmeric powder,• 1 tsp ABC sweet soya sauce for colour (if required)
- Vegetable Pickles - 500 grams of various vegetables (carrots, cucumber, cabbage, peppers, green papaya, onions, apples), 1 ¼ cups of white vinegar, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 Tbsp salt, 3 chillies, sliced in half (optional), 1 tsp peppercorns, 1 tsp coriander seeds, 1 garlic clove (optional), 1 knob of young ginger, thinly sliced, 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- Cut into tofu into 1 to 2 cm slices or cubes• Slice zucchini ½ cm slices• Cut capsicums into similar shape as tofu pieces• Skewer zucchini, capsicums, tofu and mushroom in various colors • BBQ or grill the kebabs or dry fry in sauce pan, baste with sauce frequently
- Veggie Pickles❖ Place vinegar, sugar, salt, ginger slices, chillies in a saucepan. Bring to boil and stir until the salt and sugar dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool completely. ❖ In the meantime, wash and dry all vegetables. Cut them to size and shape according to your liking.❖ Drain well and place the vegetables in an ice water bath to stop the cooking process. ❖ Layer the various vegetables into a bowl or jar. Add onion slices, peppercorns, coriander seeds, garlic and the vinegar mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving for best results. ❖ Serve as a side dish to accompany any dish.
- Satay sauce - mix all up in small pan under low heat. Adjust to taste
Brands and product used
- ABC - Sweet Soy Sauce