- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 250 grams rice noodles
- 1 small broccoli, cut into small pieces
- 1 small brown onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-2 spring onions, sliced
- A handful of coriander, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp peanut oil or neutral oil
- 300 grams of firm tofu, cubed and dry fried with sea salt
- 1 cups thinly sliced purple cabbage
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 3/4 cup salted peanuts
- Cook noodles according to packet instructions. Combine the lime juice, soy sauce, water, sugar, tomato paste and rice vinegar to make a sauce.
- While noodles are cooking, fry onion in a wok with the peanut oil for 2 minutes, then add the garlic and fry for a further 30 seconds.
- Add the broccoli and fry until bright green and slightly charred, a few minutes. Then add the noodles and half of the sauce and gently combine.
- Fold in the fried tofu, cabbage and carrot and add the rest of the sauce.
- Serve it up and top with peanuts and coriander.
Product used in recipe
- Obento - Rice Wine Vinegar