- - 1 ¼ cups brown jasmine rice or long-grain brown rice, rinsed- 1 tablespoon olive oil- 1 small white onion, chopped - Pinch of salt- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger - 2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced- 1 red pepper, sliced into thin 2-cm long strips- Tofu (firm)- Green beens- Cherry tomatoes- Mushrooms- Pumpkin- Valcom Red Curry Paste- 2 cans coconut milk- Lime juice- Handful of chopped fresh basil - Brown sugar- Fish sauce
- To cook the rice, bring a large pot of water to boil. Add the rice and continue boiling for around 30 mins.
- To make the curry, warm a large skillet with medium heat. Once it’s hot, add the oil. Add the onion and a sprinkle of salt and cook, stirring often, until the onion has softened, then add the ginger, garlic and red curry paste - fry until fragrant.
- Then add the tofu and brown the tofu with the curry paste
- Add the 2 cans of coconut milk and stir
- Add the pumpkin and simmer for 10mins
- Then add the mushrooms and red pepper and simmer for another 5 mins
- Add the green beans and cherry tomatoes and simmer for a few more minutes
- Finally add the lime, fish sauce and brown sugar to taste.
- Serve with brown rice and a sprinkle of spring onions or basil.
Brands and product used
- Valcom - Curry Paste Red