- 3 cups Chicken Stock
- 5cm piece Galangal, thickly sliced.
- 2 sticks Lemongrass, cut into pieces
- 6 Kaffir Lime Leaves
- 1 bunch Coriander
- 500g Chicken Thigh Fillets finely sliced
- 100g Fresh Shitake Mushrooms, sliced
- 400ml Coconut Cream
- 4 Birdseye Chillies, finely chopped
- 1 Lime, juiced
- 1tbs Fish Sauce
- 1tsp grated Palm Sugar
- 6 Cocktail (small round) tomatoes.
- In a medium saucepan, combine stock, galangal, lemongrass pieces, lime leaves, 2 finely cut chillies, and roughly chopped root and stems of coriander.
- Bring the mixture to the boil. Reduce heat and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and allow to stand for around 10 minutes.
- Using a colander, strain the solids from the liquid. Discard the solids and return the liquid broth to the heat. Do not boil from this point forward, keep the soup to just below the boil.
- Add coconut cream, chicken, mushrooms, tomatoes, remaining 2 chillies, juice, fish sauce, palm sugar and simmer for around 5 minutes, until the chicken is just cooked through.
- Remove from the heat and add in the chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve in bowls and enjoy!
Product used in recipe
- TCC - Premium Coconut Cream
- Squid Brand - Fish Sauce